Neck and Fingerboard for #11

I made considerable progress on ‘Ukulele #11 yesterday. I finished fitting the heel of the neck to the body and attached the neck using hot hide glue and a bolt that screws into a cross-dowel ‘nut’ inset into the heel of the instrument.

Then I spent a good part of the day making an ebony fingerboard, installing the frets, doing the initial filing and fitting and then finally gluing it onto the instrument. Take a look at it so far. Here’s a picture of the clamping process of installing the fingerboard, and it is true that as Norm Abram says “you can never have too many clamps”:

Installing the Fingerboard

Installing the Fingerboard

Here’s the result after remove all the clamps. I’m well pleased with it so far.

About npcarey

Amateur Luthier, woodworker, music enthusiast, software enthusiast
This entry was posted in Lutherie, ukulele and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.